Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Open - I upgraded my phone want to re add on but won't let me

Benboi192
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently decided to upgrade my phone being on o2 refresh, my tariff and everything has gone through but my contract date still shows as when I originally got my previous phone.

My new phone is due to arrive today but I get this error everytime I try apply the o2 open 25% discount.

You can’t get an O2 Open discount with this number as it’s been over 28 days since the contract started: 28/08/2019

Do I have to wait literally for my.new phone to arrive in order to fully apply this or am I missing something I was advised by o2 to wait 24hrs?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Benboi192 

Yes, you need to wait for your MyO2 to update before you can apply for the discount again. 24 to 48 hours should be fine Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Benboi192
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MI5

Thanks for responding its abit weird as myo2 has updated across and just unsure on what to do
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Benboi192 

It's the different systems that all need to update. There's no panic as you've got 28 days to apply it.

Keep trying until it goes through but if it doesn't, you can call customer service to apply it for you Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Benboi192
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanking you for your help slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

I'm sure it will be fine @Benboi192 thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6