cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Live Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it that although o2 live chat is supposedly available from 5am it never seems to be.

I wanted to change my tariff and was told it would take effect as from midnight. I looked next morning and find that this wont happen until my next bill date which is nearly 2 weeks away.

It seems that these people make promises that they can't keep.

Tried to log onto live chat this morning and as usual there is no-one available.

Not very impressed!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The normal route of a tariff change would be your next anniversary date.

However if you ring O2 on 202 for contract or 4445 for payg they can sometimes set it to start from midnight that day.

They open at 8am.

I would suggest not using Live Chat for account related enquiries. They are typically fine for low level general enquiries not account related.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The normal route of a tariff change would be your next anniversary date.

However if you ring O2 on 202 for contract or 4445 for payg they can sometimes set it to start from midnight that day.

They open at 8am.

I would suggest not using Live Chat for account related enquiries. They are typically fine for low level general enquiries not account related.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
As Bob says forget live chat call 202 they will sort it for you the first time
Message 3 of 9

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

It is the same with PAYG - you can opt to change your tariff, but it will not come into effect until the next anniversary date. 

As previously mentioned in this thread and other threads, it is not wise to use O2 Live Chat for things like changing tariffs. 

Good luck slight_smile

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

It is the same with PAYG - you can opt to change your tariff, but it will not come into effect until the next anniversary date. 

As previously mentioned in this thread and other threads, it is not wise to use O2 Live Chat for things like changing tariffs. 

Good luck slight_smile

@gemz4the1    it has been confirmed that o2 can start a new tariff and its allowances early, and before the next natural anniversary date.

I've done it myself.

Message 5 of 9

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Ok BoB thanks for letting me know the correct information slight_smile

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Damien1, I phoned 202 and spoke to someone who was actually breathing. It was changed overnight for me. Job done. Forget live chat,waste of time!

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you got it sorted they can normally do it from midnight which is what they have done slight_smile
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to be of assistance
Message 9 of 9