cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Live Chat - Constant liars

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just recently had my phone disconnected, i had been behind on a payment, with this new o2 refresh the bills come out in 2 parts now, i was unable to pay my phone plan for 2 months but made an o2 agent aware of the situation on live chat constantly. I then had my phone cut off which ment i could recieve calls and text but obv couldnt make any, i again went back to an online o2 agent who i explained the situation to (again) and was told they would sort it out and not to worry, then promptly got my services working again, which i was really happy with.

Few days later my phone was cut off again and once again i went back onto live chat and once again explained the same thing to another agent, who once again told me not to worry and this wouldnt happen again and got my services back on.

A day later i recieve a letter and also a text stating my phone would be cut off if i didnt pay my unpaid payments. I once again went back to live chat, this time i was told i had no need to worry and that the letters and texts i was getting were just automated, i then asked ' so my phone wont be cut off or anything' to which they replied no not at all, dont worry, apprently there was something on my account stating that wouldnt happen and was told the money that was owed would be paid on my next pay date. I was assured time and time again when i asked if they were sure nothing would happen so left the chat happy and unworried as i thought i would just be paying on my next bill date.

Tuesday afternoon when i finished work, i looked at my phone to find i had no service 'OH GREAT THEY'VE CUT MY PHONE OFF'. I spent all tuesday from 3 or 4 til 7 trying to explain to live chat agents what has happened and asking why it happened. I was told they couldnt do anything and i had to ring the support team. Trying to explain that my mobile is the only source of calling i had was met with agents telling me, well use a friends or family members phone, i asked would this cost my family members, which was met with yes but you have to contact the support team. I had to explain this to 4 or 5 agents as i was losing connection and was being passed onto different agents.

I understand i need to pay my bill which i will but i feel like i have been constantly lied to by every chat agent and as a result my phone has been disconnected.

Any help from anyone would be great as i am at a loss at what to do except give in

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you realy need to call o2 and discuss this issue when you can on 202 from your mobile if any other friend / family is on o2 pay monthly it will be free to call 202 you have the opting to select calling about another number.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, you really need to speak to O2 on 202 if you can from your mobile or a friends O2 mobile that way it's free otherwise it's an 0844 number from a landline

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

At this stage you MUST speak to customer service. Either call them from a landline on 0844 809 0202 5p / min or borrow a friend's O2 mobile. You could find this being passed to a collection agency. Never rely on chat customer service for account related problems.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i still make a complaint tho regarding what i was promised from the live chat advisors or will that be a waste of time?

Message 5 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
As Live chat have reinstated the phone a coupe of times already, I assume someone has made the decision to over-ride the system due to the bill still been outstanding.
I don't think you have any complaint against Live Chat in this instance at all......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

yes follow the full complaints procedure at the bottom of the page

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it can't hurt the more complaints about them the better maybe O2 will then realise they are not very good see here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

i could of tried to sort this out alot sooner if live chat hadnt promised me that i nothing to worry about, now its just more worry as i thought everything was ok, why lie to me 😐

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Follow the complaints procedure given
Message 10 of 11