cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Customer Service Story- Part 2- Fantastic service once again

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am writing this post to thank o2 and DPD (the couriers) for their fantastic service in regards to the matter to follow.

On Thursday 28th March 2013, both myself and my mum came home from the town to find that my mum's iPhone 5 had disappeared. Naturally, we were both stunned by this turn of events, but took action in terms of this straight.

Firstly, I phoned 02 Customer Services to inform them that the phone was lost. The advisor whom I was speaking to was extremely understanding and immediately blocked the phone using the IMEI number, informing me of what such action does. I was surprised at the sheer speed of this process.

I then rung o2 Insure, whom emailed us a claim form that needed to be filled out. The form was clear, straightforward and was completed with ease. I then sent back the information and recieved a reply almost straight away, once again I was suprised at the speed of how quickly this was recieved.

Having informed o2 of the lost phone, the staff of our local store provided us with a loan phone for the time being. The phone given made us both appreciate how good our iPhone's are, let's put it that way. But a phone's a phone of course and it would only be used for a few days, so whatever slight_smile One thing that I was suprised to find out was that in regards to the deposit we needed to pay (£25), we were told that the £25 would be paid back when the loan phone was returned. Great!

There were some issues that arose, which I will describe thusly.

The first issue was that when ringing up 02 Insure on Friday, I was told that I needed to provide information containing my full name and not initials. Obviously, doing so was and is no problem at all, but I was not informed of this, either by email, text or phone call. This was unfortunate and would have save me a lot of time had this been told to me prior. However, this was recify quickly, both at my end and o2 Insure's end. 

The second issue was in regards to the delivery of the replacement iPhone 5. Firstly, I recieved an email over the weekend to inform me that the phone would arrive on Tuesday April 2nd 2013. Phoning up o2 Insure once again, I found out that the phone would be delivered on Wednesday 3rd April 2013 (the time of writing). Therefore, I spent one whole day waiting in for a phone which I was told would arrive, but did not and yet again, was not informed via email, text or phone of this change. Had I of not phoned o2 Insure, I would not of known of this change.

The third issue was in regards to the delivery, on the day of delivery (Wednesday 3rd April 2013). On the email sent to me via o2/DPD informed me that the delivery would take place between 9.00am and 12.00pm. I did not recieve the delivery until 1.30pm, 90 mins later. 

Aditionally the box that it came was laughable, for a moment I thought I was playing a game of pass the parcel, as each box I opened contained yet another box. I found it quite funny. 

Overall, despite some issues which I've just described, the service from o2, the o2 store Coventry and o2 Insure were second to none.

The process was incredibly simple. It very much reminded me of how Apple operates it's customer services.

I can honestly say that for all the time that me and my mum have been on o2, we have never had any problems. I can honestly say that we have never expierienced the problems that many of the posts posted on o2 Communnity's speak of.

Bar some communnication issues, we were both very happy with the service recieved.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

MATTHEW DUFFY

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its good to hear some positive feedback

Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's an excellent post, glad to know they got you sorted out quickly. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A nice ending to a horrible experience.

Maybe you could forward this directly to 02 as feedback too ?
Message 5 of 6

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
A great post Matthew to accompany the first one.

A lovely ending to a long process.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 6