cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Coverage really bad?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having issues with my network coverage (oxford). My phone keeps saying no service all the time but the coverage on o2 is saying its working fine, so i assumed it was my phone (iphone 4s). Now my mum's phone which is the same as mine and also on o2 is doing the same thing? This has been happening a lot just recently. Cant ring o2 obviously as i have "no service". It's kinda getting annoying.!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

8002 is the business number 202 from a non business pay monthly

and land line the same non business you ring 0844 809 0202

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You can call from a landline or use web chat. Options in contact us at bottom of page....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can post on Twitter to notify then of a fault or you can try the live chat option on the main website. (see contact us in really small letters at the botton of the screen)

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just been around the loop last few months with O2 and finally got a fault logged on Friday. So what I learnt along the way is this:

- There's no point contacting them on web chat or twitter they won't handle this problem. You have to ring the nw support team by phone 08009777337 (or 8002 rom your phone but of course like me that is no use).

- Tell them it is more than one person

- Do all the things they ask like removing sim etc then when that hasn't fixed the problem ring back and tell them (on every call) you have already done that. Afraid youhave to do this to get past 1st line support.

- Do not believe them when they say they will ring you back, just insist on staying on the phone to get transferred (took me 2 hrs to get to the right person)

- Ask to go through to the cellular fault team to log a ticket, make sure you get a number from them for the ticket. Until you get that number no one is going to look at the problem

- Tell them you know a similar problem has been logged not too far from Berkshrie/Oxfordshire borders (you can email through the board for the ticket number of they need that)

- Good luck - you are going to need it

- Having got the ticket logged I'm now waiting for someone who knows what they are doing to contact me

Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

8002 is the business number 202 from a non business pay monthly

and land line the same non business you ring 0844 809 0202

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks did as you said After using online gurus To no avail. Got help in one call. They reset network coverage in general/

networks and coverage was restored on my i-phone. 

Message 6 of 8

Annon123456
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have recently moved from Three to O2 and have found the O2 internet connectivity hopeless in comparison. Anywhere where there is more than a few people together, such as on a train or in a station, it simply doesn’t work. I know it’s not the phone, as on Three it was so much better. I’m now trapped into a 2 year deal, and can’t get out of it. I didn’t realise how reliant on it I had become until I stupidly moved! I’d recommend no one to move to O2!
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Annon123456 wrote:
I have recently moved from Three to O2 and have found the O2 internet connectivity hopeless in comparison. Anywhere where there is more than a few people together, such as on a train or in a station, it simply doesn’t work. I know it’s not the phone, as on Three it was so much better. I’m now trapped into a 2 year deal, and can’t get out of it. I didn’t realise how reliant on it I had become until I stupidly moved! I’d recommend no one to move to O2!

You have 14 days to try and cancel if not suitable.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8