cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 4g / voda 4g Cornerstone Project

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 and Vodafone previously announced the pooling of much of their tower infrastructure. This project would result in better coverage for both networks although some towers would ultimately be removed.

As a general guide o2 took responsibility for the east and Vodafone for the west.

I now have both o2 and voda phones now as I lost faith in o2 to provide a good network and I am now finding Vodafone have better coverage and actual 4g coverage in more and more areas that o2 do not. Whilst not all sites are shared so many are so how has this differential occurred? Is Vodafone's Project Spring starting to take off?

where is o2 in all of this? ??
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Aerial Communications (remember them?) have this on their website - Take from it what you will wink
https://www.aerial-telephones.co.uk/aerial/o2s-continuing-4g-rollout/

Read that just now...Not sure whether they were having a laugh, being sarcastic or telling lies if honest..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally i wouldn't believe anything from Aerial but then again they are a business partner rightly or wrongly so. ...
Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Personally i wouldn't believe anything from Aerial but then again they are a business partner rightly or wrongly so. ...

And certainly not one I would trust ....if the complaints on here are anything to go by...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Also continuing on from my earlier post o2 have only recently signed a deal to move their network from its traditional SDH and Ethernet-based managed services infrastructure to a dedicated full fibre core optic network to ensure they can cope with the future 3g/4g network.

http://www.telecoms.com/297021/o2-to-roll-out-fibre-nationwide/

Where as vodafone are already using a fibre optic network for their 3g/4g when they purchased cable and wireless approx 2 years ago, hence on average why they are spending £2m a day compared to o2 who are spending £1.5m a day. Also why they are looking to compete in Home Broadband & TV market

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/11222500/Vodafon...

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Again fabulous info @iar1980
Very informative thank you. 😆😆
Message 15 of 15