cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 12 month sim card, Direct Debit- how to set up?

paugq
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello O2, 

I am seeking to acquire a new monthly SIM card. I am an international student, I have reached the payment section. I am trying to check-out abut I am not sure what the Direct Credit portion of the process is. Where can I acquire my account number and sort code? or is this for UK nationals only? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38274 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

UK banks usually issue a direct debit card - the UK bank sort code for that branch, and your account number, will be on that card. If you are still using your home (non-UK) bank card, it will not work - you will be restricted to using PAYG only in this case with O2: 

The usual requirement is 2 to 3 years residency and a good credit history with a UK Bank.

This is not just O2 but all networks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @paugq.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@paugq 

You can order a free PAYG sim here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go 

Top ups can be done with vouchers purchased at many shops and supermarkets in the UK. 

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9114 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@paugq 

Following on from the advice of @pgn and @MI5, your other alternative might be to get a prepay debit card. Please see :- 

Prepaid cards: best UK offers for 2023 - MoneySavingExpert

Prepaid cards | MoneyHelper

If you Google something like "prepay debit cards uk bank", you'll get lots more information. 

Message 4 of 4