cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number porting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all this is my first post to the forum .I recently moved over from Vodafone to O2 on wed 19th of feb.I decided to leave VF as i was not happy with their service so i thought i would give O2 a try as i had never used them before.I am now starting to regret the move as it is now the 23 feb and my previous phone number has still not been ported over fully(i can make calls but i cannot receive any calls or texts)as i am a self employed aerial installer my customers cannot contact me possibly losing me hundreds of pounds,im getting very frustrated with the usual "im afraid you will have to wait another 24 hours while our porting team have a look at it".has anyone else had any similar problems i would be grateful for any feedback.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

There have been problems in the past, but more with Orange. There have been problems with Vodafone too. You can take a look here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=vodafone+porting.

Have you tried turning your phone on and off?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

There have been problems in the past, but more with Orange. There have been problems with Vodafone too. You can take a look here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=vodafone+porting.

Have you tried turning your phone on and off?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the speedy response and i have done the on off several times

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

Sorry to say you're in the hands of the porting team. We're all customers here, apart from the community managers and a few O2 employees who contribute on a private level. It's possible that maybe one of those can help if they see this thread.Hope you get your problem sorted soon. Let us know how it goes.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
It might be worth contacting Vodafone although they may possibly direct you back to O2. In my experience is possible that the fault may be with the originating network.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Vodafone have had major problems with porting numbers into them recently so it's possible it there are issues with porting numbers out as well.  There have been posts on their forum from Vodafone employees saying the issues have been solved but it seems from customer posts that there are still problems.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all for the feed back everyone finally sorted after 6 days hurrah!
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions