Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nothing between 1 and 6 gb

Amadeus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

About to upgrade my ancient phone to iPhone XR.  Trying to customise a plan but when I do, there appears to be nothing between 1gb and 6gb.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Amadeus 

The data amounts are pre set so you can only choose what's offered, however, 6gb is pretty much a minimum requirement these days.

Different (lower) amounts of data are available for other phones, so if you want 3gb or 5gb for example,, try a different phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I would be thinking of a different phone anyway given the problems the XR has had. We aren't sure the issue of losing signal numerous times a day is definitely fixed yet.

Message 3 of 8

Amadeus
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wasn't aware of the problems with the XR - everyone seems so pleased with it (I thought).

I was particularly attracted because of the 6.1" screen.

Message 4 of 8

Amadeus
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!  Perhaps I would use it more than anticipated - at present I use my iPad for a lot of things but guess that if I had a decent phone I'd use that.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Amadeus wrote:

I wasn't aware of the problems with the XR - everyone seems so pleased with it (I thought).

I was particularly attracted because of the 6.1" screen.

To be fair, not everyone has a problem and it's only in some areas, although those with a problem don't seem to have any resolution, yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
My son who has the XR got an update on the 29th January for the O2 problem which he had, so hopefully it works
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be fair, only one customer on here posted that the update hadn't fixed the problem so maybe all is now well with the XR.

Message 8 of 8