Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not received bill yet?

mjay2000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't recieved my bill yet, I got an android tablet today and it's my second contract. With my first contract, I recieved the bill usually on the morning of the day it would be delivered. It was straight away. For my second contract I didn't recieve an email or sms that my bill is ready like I usually do.

But when I check online the airtime bill for the tablet it is wrong as '£XX', it's showing the cost of my first contract and the date of billing was the last time I paid for my first contract (25 July 2020) and I only got the tablet today. So I imagine this is some form of glitch or the system needs time to update itself and for them to generate a bill. If I expand the bill more, it's actually £0 for the tablet (as I have not recieved the bill yet) and combines both the first and second contract so when I check the page for just my tablet it showing me my airtime bill from my first contract which is a different amount. I hope this make sense.

I just wondered, when do you normally get it and how long it usually takes and is it somtimes common to recieve it within 24-48 hours? thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@mjay2000 

They just add your tablet to your current contract so your bill date will remain the same.

You will pay a pro rata amount for 15 days of the tablet on your next bill and will show when your bill is generated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The system should update itself within 24-48 hrs @mjay2000 

If concerned, contact O2. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@mjay2000 

They just add your tablet to your current contract so your bill date will remain the same.

You will pay a pro rata amount for 15 days of the tablet on your next bill and will show when your bill is generated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

mjay2000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there what is a pro rata?

Oh I see! Hmm perhaps. The airtime amount is still wrong though for the tablet but the device plan amount is right. Hopefully this will be updated in the systems and reflect in my next bill.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Pro rata means you pay for only part of the month to take you up to your normal bill date.
For example, if it is £30 a month and you had it 15 days before your bill date, you will pay £15 this month, then the full amount next month.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5