Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not letting me transfer number to my new o2 account

Jamie0909
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

right so, i have now made a new account to get a new sim as my old one ran out and i didnt want to use that account anymore as it was a old family members, but i want to keep the number, i used to o2 transfer tool on their website but i keep getting an email saying that theres an error and of course i cant phone them as its only a limited amout of things they are dealing with, and theres no email or anything, so if there anyway that someone can help me as im really stuck

thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38518 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Needs a call to O2, @Jamie0909  - take any of the options offered and when you get onto the queue, hang in there for a rep to answer.

Numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Webchat is being phased back in starting Monday, if you start early, ça 08:15, you stand a better chance of getting through on voice - not sure if that also applies to Webchat.

If it's just the number that appears in your MyO2 on website or the app, go into account Settings, and edit the number yourself. 

Message 2 of 4

Jamie0909
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes but i dont want to be rude tho, as when i phone up it just ends the call after i say my problem

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38518 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Ah yes - my call mentioned "Bolt-on" and then "Billing" to get past that step when I had to call up at the start of April.

Here's a list of all the areas that ARE being serviced by phone, and of those deemed self-service, if it helps, @Jamie0909:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Help-amp-Support-from-O2-during-COVID-19/m-p/1327094/high...

Note these guidelines are evolving and changing as circumstances change.

Message 4 of 4