cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nokia n97 mini on 02??

Anonymous
Not applicable
will this phone be coming to o2? as id rather not change my tarrif 2 orange/tmobile etc but this is the only phone that appeals to me! any help much appreciated grin x
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
id seriously consider another one

the n97 was a lemon

the n97 mini could be the same

its risky

the gps could be broke out of the box etc just like the n97

id read alot of user reviews and wait a month before going for the mini just to make sure it hasnt inherited the n97 problems otherwise tou will have left o2 to get a lemon and that will be a big mistake

trust me ive had 4 n97s and sold the fourth as they were all useless

good hardware spec rubbish as a smrtphone/phone

id grab the omnia hd if you were going to ,move to orange

orange do 12 month contracts as well with free phone for around 44.99 online

ive heard that they arent all rosey though

good luck with your mission i wouldnt hold out on o2 stocking this for a while yet if they do decide to though
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks alot for reply i never realised it was this hardwork to get a phone as havent purchased one for a couple of years. Im probably going to look in to the satio then unless i hear some horror stories about that too haha, thanx again x
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
heard the battery can be a bit of a downer on this phone as its only 1000mah

iam sure extended batteries will be avalible either via sony or ebay in the future

it may just be a case of charging it each night which isnt so bad

id defently have a look at the satio though its defently ticks all the right boxes in terms of hardware etc
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
will this phone be coming to o2? as id rather not change my tarrif 2 orange/tmobile etc but this is the only phone that appeals to me! any help much appreciated grin x

O2 won't be offering the N97 mini or the N97. The initial N97 failed their internal quality inspection so they turned it down. The N97 mini is pretty much the same phone just with more RAM and less storage space rolled into a smaller case. That said, it is running the new 2.0 firmware (called v10.x in the mini though) which is vastly superior for many compared to what it shipped with.

The initial N97 handsets had very buggy firmware (although mine has been fine since I bought it and it was on v10.x at the time) and some users have experienced a GPS problem. Mine is fine.

If you want an N97 mini on O2, you may have to buy the handset outright as a SIM-free device from Nokia or another retailer. Initially Carphone Warehouse were going to be offering the N97 (not the mini) on O2 on contract the same way they did the iPhone, they even had posters and leaflets with the O2 logo on in the stores but they never went on display. O2 blocked CPW from offering it as they refused to have the phone offered on a contract on their network so CPW never went through with the process. I guess they were worried about the returns and the possible backlash on O2. SIM-free variants are a different matter and there is no reflection on O2 if the handset fails.

I am hoping the N97 and its Mini brother will eventually be offered once Nokia get the firmware to where it should be. It's a shame as it really is a great handset. Mine works perfectly other than a few niggles now and again, but what phone works perfectly 100% of the time? None of them.

I am glad O2 have taken the plunge with the N900 though.
Message 5 of 5