cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been without my phone now for nearly a week (spoke to your Guru Tuesday 11th November 2014) and I was told that a new Sim card would be with me within 3 days, I am still waiting. I have two teenage children and a mobile is essential for me. As i purchased this phone in May of this year from one of your stores, I feel very disappointed that the Sim has failed and that I am without my phone for such a time. I have been a loyal customer for some years now as you will be able to see from your records and as a family (4 of us) we spend a lot of money with you.

Could you please advise me on the expected date of my Sim arrival.

Rachael
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
When a mast is down, it is not as simple as "get a fella to climb up and fix it".

1. Many masts are on private property so o2 will need to request permission.
2. There may be contractual issues whereby o2 may only be able to go on site after giving a certain amount of notice.
3. Equipment may need to be replaced which may need to be ordered.
4. Engineers are not sitting around waiting for a fault to happen. They will have to schedule the work which may require several visits to the site.
5. If the issue is with non o2 equipment such as the BT Fibre link they may have to wait for another company to fix.

This list is by no means exhaustive so as you can see when a mast goes down it isn't a quick fix and as MI5 has stated no network wants masts down for a moment longer than is necessary.

All that said, I do appreciate a lack of signal is highly frustrating. Have you tried toggling your phone to 2g only? It might be that the 3g cell is down but 2g might be working? That would give you calls and texts.
Message 11 of 11