Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet in france without wifi ?

davetherave59
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi....i'm a sim only customer and couldnt use any internet on my iphone over the weekend

no probs with wifi.....but google maps and trip advisor wouldnt work at all without it

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Then you need to call customer services and get iData tariff added to your account. You can then use the iData apn when abroad without needing to change it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Change your data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk" to check if that works and you have the wrong data tariff on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Welcome to our forum @davetherave59! Did the above suggestion from @MI5 work for you with the internet connection?

Message 3 of 7

davetherave59
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i wont know till i'm back out there

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Then you need to call customer services and get iData tariff added to your account. You can then use the iData apn when abroad without needing to change it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just to add, there's no 4g in France, but I'm getting 10mbps download and 5mbps upload on 3g.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@davetherave59 wrote:

i wont know till i'm back out there

Oh ok, hope all goes well next time. slight_smile

Cheers for the advice @MI5!

Message 7 of 7