cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no 4g signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi im new to o2 having been with another company for 2 years and the only reason i chose o2 was because of the 4g signal strenth at my home but having been with them  3 weeks i dont even get a 3g signal as i type this message iv got a E signal ? 

im really disapointed about this i feel like i was conned into joining o2 just so they could con another customer

do i have any rights about this

thanks  

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nothing for consumer contracts that's legal.
Surely checking with a payg sim is common sense though?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

how can it be common sense iv never heard of anyone getting a payg sim just to see if you would get 4g?

think o2 need to change there adverts lol

Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All networks need to improve the accuracy of their coverage checkers as they are all as bad as each other.
But until they do, the best any potential customer can do, is check for themselves.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah trus ta for the advice guys slight_smile

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I moved to O2 I checked coverage in the house with a friend phone, got excellent signal indoors, even in the basement room. Later found out this was due to the mast 100 yards away at the top of the road!!

Message 15 of 18

Markojemo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Give CS a call, there may be a network issue that hasnt been reported, or there is an issue which they are staying quiet about.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some times it can be your phone make sure you have your data connection on and 4g on and if you haven't do so then tearn your phone off and on again if this dosent work it will probably be the phone, what phone have you got ? If it is a bad phone the single resever will be bad if it's a good phone like and iPhone 6 it will be a problem with the phone.
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 will supply a booster if you shout lots enough. CS won't say yes. You need to go via complaints.
Message 18 of 18