Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WOndering can anyone help?

iPhone xr - 4g not working on roaming in Ireland with 3 network

tried changing to "mobile.o2.uk"

tried different network

is this a fair usage data problem or do I need an international £3 bolt on?

or something else?

thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Probably a roaming bar unless you can get any joy from manually searching for a different network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35235 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Manual selection is probably the only way to see what networks offer 4G in your area - Meteor and Vodafone IE will both appear, but usually only offering 2G or 3G in my experience - but I am a long way from Dublin, where more options will be available.

On the UK side, my phone shows 2G, 3G and 4G for all the common UK networks - O2, 3, EE and Vodafone.  Only Virgin shows 4G only. Unfortunately, all those UK networks are (Forbidden) as I am an O2 UK customer. 🤷‍♂️

Message 3 of 5

row1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have tried to contact customer service in the uk but no answer I assume due to covid - how else might I get it "unbarred"? Is there any other help lines or live chat still available?

thanks

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

some numbers here

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Message 5 of 5