Did you mean: 

new to contract phones!!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi all...

As some of you will know I am very new to the forums...a real oldie in actual age and a complete technophobe... For years I have been cocooned in the safety of O2 PAYG (with all the numbers for O2 preset for me ie Customer services, bolt ons info hotline etc etc etc)

Yesterday I received my first ever contract phone (Samsung S3) oooohhh errr!!  However, my first of many questions is this...are there different numbers now for contacting O2...if so why on earth doesnt O2 send me info re this when they sent the phone? As I say it may be obvious to those of you who are used to being on contract (and using Smartphones,) but I feel a bit like a ship that has been cast adrift!!! Help please ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you need to contact customer service then always dial 202 from your mobile as it is free.

The other number you may possibly need is the free number from overseas which is +44 844 809 0200.

If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask. We were all in the same situation where we had our first smart phone and had to learn the ins and out regardless of our age. There are many older users on here more than willing to impart knowledge. I was wrapped up in the safe and reliable world of Nokia up to a few years ago and have had the S3 for around 4 months now. (I'm also of the older generation!):smileywink:

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you need to contact customer service then always dial 202 from your mobile as it is free.

The other number you may possibly need is the free number from overseas which is +44 844 809 0200.

If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask. We were all in the same situation where we had our first smart phone and had to learn the ins and out regardless of our age. There are many older users on here more than willing to impart knowledge. I was wrapped up in the safe and reliable world of Nokia up to a few years ago and have had the S3 for around 4 months now. (I'm also of the older generation!):smileywink:

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Nice to see you back again! Yeah - the new number for calling O2 is 202, this is now free of charge from your phone. You're right, it should have been made clear to you!

If you want to PM me your email address I can send you our default Welcome letter we send to customers who just take out a contract?

Alternatively, if you call O2 you will hopefully speak to a designated department for customers in their first 30 days (I deal with these calls, so I know what they do) who will go over all the account specific details with you and send you the email if you ask.

With regards to the phone - the S3 is great! If you find the screen to be too complicated at first you can always go to Settings and then tap Home Screen Mode and change this to Easy Mode. However, as you know - this forum will help you with any queries about the phone you have so feel free to ask away!

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You will also find that O2 Voicemail is now free on contract.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4