cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone as a present - sim swop - same number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Want to buy a new phone for my mum-in-law, want to keep her phone number. Having problem getting her original SSN. Also the new phone takes a micro Sim. How can I get a micro Sim with her number on it? Oh she is on PAYG.:smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Best bet is to call in your local O2 store and pick up a free sim, they will also arrange the number transfer.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ta, however I have got a new Sim from standard to micro but with different number on. I was told that still require the SSN from her phone. It was supposed to be a surprise pressie, she keeps her phone in her pocket giving me no access to get the SSD number

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSN as in the 16(or so) digit number printed on the sim card?

A mobile number can only be assigned to one sim card at a time so you can't transfer the number until you give her the new phone to use anyway. You'll just have to do the number transfer on the day.

I transfered to a micro sim a while ago and you just go on a website, spend a couple of minutes typing in the details and the number's transfered in an hour or two. Wasn't much of an inconvenience in the end.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes its quite simple to do

Message 5 of 5