Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new contract phone/sim

JasonW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried asking yeseterday, but things got more confusing.

Basically i've been with o2 since I was a kid & my previous phone was the note9 pay as you go, now I wanted a new phone so I decided to get the s22 contract, got the phone & inserted the new sim aswell and now on myo2 it still shows up as payg, so I did a sim swap which I was told I shouldnt do on customer services & instead I should do the "keepmynumber" but here's the new problem... Doing the swap my sim has made my previous phone no longer work with the network so I cannot request a pac code and also when I got the new sim that doesnt have a new number on the box or even in the setting of the phone it just said "unknown number" so even if I did have the pac code, the website requires your number you want to keep and the new number that would come with that sim.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JasonW 

You don't use a PAC when changing from PAYG to contract, you just need to call O2 to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Switching from O2 Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly

If you switch from Pay As You Go to a Pay Monthly tariff, we will send you a new sim with a new phone number.

If you want to keep your original number, we can arrange this. You’ll need your new Pay Monthly phone number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack.

• You can fill in our online form: Switch your number to Pay Monthly.
  • Or call us on 202, free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JasonW 

You don't use a PAC when changing from PAYG to contract, you just need to call O2 to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Switching from O2 Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly

If you switch from Pay As You Go to a Pay Monthly tariff, we will send you a new sim with a new phone number.

If you want to keep your original number, we can arrange this. You’ll need your new Pay Monthly phone number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack.

• You can fill in our online form: Switch your number to Pay Monthly.
  • Or call us on 202, free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

JasonW
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"You’ll need your new Pay Monthly phone number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack."

didnt get an email with the phone number nor the sim pack doesnt have any phone number on it?

This is all that I have minus the little pack its in.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

O2 can identify it from the serial number but you need to contact them directly @JasonW 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

JasonW
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will try that tomorrow. But when I was on the phone with customer services I was asked for the ssn & I gave him the first 5 digits and before I could finish he said that the numbers are not in the system =S

Another question I think that could be the problem is when does your contract offically start because all I've paid for is the upfront cost & no monthly payment since my phone was a pre-ordered s22 & I got it earlier than the deliver day said.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JasonW 

It should be activated upon dispatch.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6