cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network unlock code

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have purchased 2 phones from o2 pay&go and when I tried to put other sim than o2 inside it requires a network unlock code.so I seached the site and I saw that I can unlock my phone only after 12 months and I will also pay for that code 15£.what I can't understand is why when u buy the phone doesn't specify if it's locked or not on o2...

is there any other way to unlock it or I have to go to a service to do that?

tnx in advance.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have purchased 2 phones from o2 pay&go and when I tried to put other sim than o2 inside it requires a network unlock code.so I seached the site and I saw that I can unlock my phone only after 12 months and I will also pay for that code 15£.what I can't understand is why when u buy the phone doesn't specify if it's locked or not on o2...

tnx in advance.

If you purchased two phones from 02 then any 02 sim {being the right size} will work in it.

The only time the phone would not accept the 02 sim is if its actually locked to a different network.

If your sure then go back to the 02 shop where you got them from and they wil assist.

As far as im aware all phones purchased via 02 are locked to that network

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

tnx in advance.

If you purchased two phones from 02 then any 02 sim {being the right size} will work in it.

The only time the phone would not accept the 02 sim is if its actually locked to a different network.

If your sure then go back to the 02 shop where you got them from and they wil assist.

As far as im aware all phones purchased via 02 are locked to that network

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Why would you want to buy two Pay and Go phones from O2 if you didn't want to use them on O2?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Why would you want to buy two Pay and Go phones from O2 if you didn't want to use them on O2?

Its sometimes cheaper to buy a handset on one network payg term and then use it on another.

i used to do this when purchasing from The Carphone Warehouse but the difference they are unlocked to all networks to begin with.

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Well it certainly isn't going to work out cheaper for the OP this time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur.

Although it does not just sit right.

Why buy from 02 when your wanting to use another networks sim inside it.

Surly its a question one would ask the store employee or online shop before parting with your payment !

Unless the phone is faulty their would be no issue swapping around 02 sim cards between the two handsets !

As 02 wont unlock it a standalone shop or flea market stall could.

wink

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The OP isn't trying to interchange the sims, he needs the phones unlocked to use other network sims.

It's 12 months on P&G before O2 will unlock the phones (iphones excepted) so it will have to be by other means such as an independent mobile store or online service. Either way it will cost.

Message 7 of 7