Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

O2 didn't 'miss out' on the N97, they made a specific decision to not carry it after it failed their own internal quality testing.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

O2 didn't 'miss out' on the N97, they made a specific decision to not carry it after it failed their own internal quality testing.

Seems lots of phones must fail their internal quality testing given the pathetic choice in high end phones that they have out there. I know quite a few with n97 and were more than happy with them so I do wonder sometimes what exactly it is that 02 want in a phone. Ok some may get to market with less than stable firmware but to never review a decision once a stable firmware is released is just crazy when you have customers who just want some decent choice.

I'm stuck with 02 because I can't get a reliable signal for any other network both at home and work. Had it not been for that I would have left 02 3 years ago. I have 3 year old phone I'm using because I just hate the phones they have on offer.

I went into their shop last week and and I was never so bored looking at supposed technology in my life.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

I agree. Their current handset lineup is pathetic.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

I didn't write that they missed out on the n97, I wrote only that they didn't get it. Reading it back though, I can see how what I wrote implies that they wanted to get the n97. I shouldn't have said miss out, when what I meant is opt out.

Either way, I understand and even support their decision as far as the n97 goes. The majority of consumers don't really know what a firmware update is. Many people's first experience of updating a phone was on the iPhone and thats only because iTunes forces it. Therefore, Nokia cant bring buggy devices to the market, because nobody knows what Nokia PC Suite is and it is o2 who ends up dealing with the returns. I get it, I get it, I get it.

I don't get why the N97 mini was not taken up though. To me that is a dumb decision and I do think o2 missed out on a winner, as that was not buggy and right now I would be tied to them for 18 months and not on the brink of leaving. As i'm sure many others would be. So as said before the n900 is the deal breaker for me. If they opt out of that, then they miss out on my money, at least for the next 18 - 24 months.
Highlighted
Anonymous

not looking soo good

I agree if they don't get this phone they will be loosing my money to Vodafone who are the only ones who do at the moment.

I phoned o2 today and they don't have any release date and don't even know if they are going to get it. When i asked them "how far in advance do you know if you will be offering a handset?" their reply was normally we know about 2 months before we get it, at the very least 3-4 weeks. so a launch as predicted before the end of January is not looking very good.

i wanted the Nokia N97 when i came out and was told they would not be getting it when enquired. I stayed with them on the hope something better would come along and now it has.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: not looking soo good

I phoned o2 today and they don't have any release date and don't even know if they are going to get it.

There seems to be an awful lot of confusion even at O2 over this phone - I spoke to them at the end of december and they said they'd be getting it late January, then I re-checked with them yesterday and they said the same, that it's on the way but no exact date known.
Either way, they *can't* get the phone before late january because vodafone have a 2month exclusive deal on it that's been in place since late november, once that's gone and passed hopefully we'll be seeing O2 pick it up directly, or at least various retailers start providing it with O2 contracts.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

I emailed them about a week ago, saying i had been offered a great deal on Vodafone, but would prefer to stay with O2 if they were getting it, but didnt even get a reply. So looks like im off to Vodafone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on o2

####
saw this but they want £350 for the handset on a 12 month deal. obviously a sim free phone!!! I've been trying to find out whether the n900 is coming to o2 bt the grapevine is very quiet!! i've got a n96 (which i had to upgrade through carphone warehouse) o2 seem very reluctant to offer top end phones these days, such a shame as it looks like i'm off in a months time. great signal etc - #### range of phones!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Leaving O2....

The (very helpful) O2 person I spoke to on the phone today explained they didn't currently stock the N900 (as we knew) and they had no information about when (if?) it would become available.

Some of the deals elsewhere look very good so I'm leaving (despite previously being happy with O2).

...Just waiting for my PAC code.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

I mite probably leave o2 also... I really want the N900, but I'm reluctant to leave because of the HTC HD2.. Im leaving o2 if I dont get a good/great deal on the HD2.... Can always sell it and get the N900 pay as you go...or the nexus one.....