Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

my device

Hi I joined you nearly 2 months ago I am a pay monthly customer.problem is I have a 4g sim in a 3g phone
Anonymous

Re: my device

This should not make a difference to your service.

Are you having issues?

Anonymous

Hi

This will cause no issues.

Their are many using 4G SIM cards now as these are issued as a norm by O2 ,and some are on 4G tariffs as they can be easily as used on 3G connections so they are ready for 4G when it reaches their area. (Phone compatibility allowing)
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,433

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi I joined you nearly 2 months ago I am a pay monthly customer.problem is I have a 4g sim in a 3g phone

Perfectly OK - Many people do exactly the same.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

Hi,

Just a quick question about how to retrieve a mobile number you've already received. I met a Chinese girl a few days ago, we talked and decided to exchange numbers. She called me while I was with her, so that I would have her number. But when I saved it to my phone book, I deleted the special 2-digit prefix that appeared at the front (which I can't remember now), and replaced it with the usual 07... etc.

So does anyone know how I can retrieve the original number that I received when she first called me?

Many thanks for any help; much appreciated.

Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,931

[ Edited ]

The advantage being you can put the sim in a 4G phone if you change phones and no setup needed. As stated it won't have any adverse effect on your present phone or usage.

Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,433

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Just a quick question about how to retrieve a mobile number you've already received. I met a Chinese girl a few days ago, we talked and decided to exchange numbers. She called me while I was with her, so that I would have her number. But when I saved it to my phone book, I deleted the special 2-digit prefix that appeared at the front (which I can't remember now), and replaced it with the usual 07... etc.

So does anyone know how I can retrieve the original number that I received when she first called me?

Many thanks for any help; much appreciated.

China is 0086, but check your actual call log for the original record.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)