Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monthly rolling contract

cinch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been told that when my contract expires the system will automatically move me to a monthly rolling contract untill I give notice, and that "As of now" I can continue using the same tariff.

I am happy with my current tariff but was also told that deals are dynamic, so can be changed any time.

I know I  need to  give 30 days notice if I want to terminate my monthly contract, are O2 required to give me 30 days notice if they are thinking of increasing my tariff?

Thanks for your reply.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@cinch 

30 days notice is no longer required. You can leave immediately you have completed your minimum term and no, O2 will not change your tariff except for the RPI increase as mentioned above. 

How refresh works here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@cinch  If you continue to pay the tariff you're on after the contract is finished it will stay the same. It's my understanding that the tariff can only be increased once a year by the RPI, and you would be notified of that.

If that's not right, I'm sure someone will come along and correct it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@cinch 

30 days notice is no longer required. You can leave immediately you have completed your minimum term and no, O2 will not change your tariff except for the RPI increase as mentioned above. 

How refresh works here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@cinch  If you continue to pay the tariff you're on after the contract is finished it will stay the same. It's my understanding that the tariff can only be increased once a year by the RPI, and you would be notified of that.

If that's not right, I'm sure someone will come along and correct it.

Completely correct @Bambino, the tariff will stay the same and only the annual RPI on the airtime will increase , that is historically between 2-3%.

Message 4 of 6

cinch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino I understood that by "Deals are dynamic and keep changing" on a monthly rolling contract, what was meant is that tariff can be changed anytime, but I need to be sure that I am given at least 30 days notice because if price goes up I will leave O2.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You will be given plenty of notice if the price was to change. O2 won't increase the tariff you are on unless you want to upgrade, at which point your present tariff would normally not be available. The only dynamic changes are usually with the offers available as you could sometimes see better offers for the price you currently pay. That wouldn't have an effect on yourself as you won't now be locked 🔒 into a contract with months to run. 

Message 6 of 6