Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

mobiles.co.uk unlimited texts to web bolt-on

Right guys, just going to briefly fill you in. I've taken out a contract with mobiles.co.uk for the Sony Xperia X1, £35 a month, 600 mins, unlimited text messages on the 27th November. I've called up O2 numerous times but they insist that they cannot change the unlimited text messages to the unlimited web bolt-on because it's a contract with CPW and the unlimited text messages is not appearing as a "free bolt-on" so they cannot "swap" them.

Now I understand that many people who have ordered from mobiles.co.uk, prior to the new stock on the 26th November, have actually beeb able to trade their bolt-on in for a web bolt-on with no fuss generally from O2. Is there anyone else having the same problem as me and is not able to change it? Or have you managed to successfully change your bolt-on to web after this date? Any assistance appreciated.
Anonymous

You have to be on your promotional bolt-on for 3 months before you can change it.
Anonymous

But O2 are claiming that the Unlimited Text messages may NOT even be a bolt-on through mobiles.co.uk and they haven't told me (none of the 10 times i've phoned up) that I have to wait 3 months till I can change it... What should I do? Smiley Sad
Anonymous

But O2 are claiming that the Unlimited Text messages may NOT even be a bolt-on through mobiles.co.uk and they haven't told me (none of the 10 times i've phoned up) that I have to wait 3 months till I can change it... What should I do? Smiley Sad

Yes it is a promotional bolt-on and you can only change it every 3 months.
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply wanty and Andy. So why don't the O2 CS just tell me that it's a promotional bolt-on and that I have to keep it for a while (3 months as you say) before I can change it? I'm still really worried though, because what if I was to wait 3 months and then only to find that I'm still stuck on this issue of being unable to trade the unlimited texts to the web bolt-on?

I have one more question, how have several others managed to swap this "promotional bolt-on" almost instantly as they received their phones and by ordering through mobiles.co.uk too?
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply wanty and Andy. So why don't the O2 CS just tell me that it's a promotional bolt-on and that I have to keep it for a while (3 months as you say) before I can change it? I'm still really worried though, because what if I was to wait 3 months and then only to find that I'm still stuck on this issue of being unable to trade the unlimited texts to the web bolt-on?
I have one more question, how have several others managed to swap this "promotional bolt-on" almost instantly as they received their phones and by ordering through mobiles.co.uk too?

I will look into this for you and will get back to you tomorrow.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks Andy. I really appreciate your help. If you need further information or anything don't hesitate to PM me. Smiley Happy
Anonymous

mobiles.co.uk/CPW are resellers of O2 talk time. Your contract is with CPW/O2 and not with O2. CPW/mobiles.co.uk buy talk time and texts from O2 and re-bundle them in their own ways, thus as far as I know, O2 can not change this as contract is not with them. The best thing to do really would be to return your phone back to mobiles.co.uk/CPW and buy it from O2 direct, even though you may have to wait few more weeks for your Xperia as this phone is worthless without data bolt-on. These are my personal view and understanding.
Anonymous

I will look into this for you and will get back to you tomorrow.

I just got exactly the same answer as Deepee did, that you are only able to have what Carphone Warehouse offer you. Sorry.