Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

mobile data

Hi there my mobile data allowance keeps getting taken even when I'm using wifi at home.
Can you please let me know if any of you are having the same problem as me thanks Glenda
Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,781

Re: mobile data

Make sure you turn off mobile data when connected to wifi because if your wifi doesn't stay connected always the phone will revert to mobile data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 578
Solutions: 4,212

Dependant on your type of phone, if you go into advanced wifi settings you can set wifi to never sleep.

@jonsie wrote:

Dependant on your type of phone, if you go into advanced wifi settings you can set wifi to never sleep.

If you have an iPhone, this option isn't available unless you keep it on charge all the time, so definately turn off mobile data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Level 70: Enigma

If you don't turn your Mobile Data off your phone will go to it if you aren't in range of your home WiFi signal. If you only have a small amount of data on your tariff, it's always best to keep it switched off until you need it. You can find an on/off box to tick for Mobile Data in your Settings.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Topics: 578
Solutions: 4,212

Yes I did state dependent on type of phone. iPhones are the main exception so yes, switch off mobile data at home to prevent charges.

Anonymous

If you feel data has been taken incorrectly then ring Customer Services and they'll check for you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Anonymous

My mobile data is off at all times when using wifi that's what I don't understand.

What phone are you using as it's possible that wifi is disconnecting when you lock the screen, as we've mentioned above....?

Currently using:
Anonymous

If your sure you've turned mobile data off in your phones settings then speak to customer service. Smiley Happy