cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms Nokia 620

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got new phone, got text saying they can't send me info. Been online, phone isn't on system, did a live chat with O2 person, got sent a email, typed it all in...

internet seems to work now, but still can't seem to send or receive picture texts

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is annoying.

MI5 may be right however, as even though all looks fine on your account MMS can still be a problem.

It may be worthwhile telling them to remove it and re-add it, despite the fact it all looks okay.

I appreciate you've already phoned O2 and it is annoying having to constantly chase it up, but I think this may be what is needed.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

From your home screen, swipe your finger to the side to view all the apps on your phone.

On there, there should be an app called 'Network Setup'.

If you click this, you will want it to say "O2 UK" - it probably says "O2 UK Prepay" just now. If it does, just change it to "O2 UK"

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

theres a area called 'access point', which has those options, it did say O2 Prepay, but yesterday I was asked to set up a whole new one, O2 Pay and Go, which i filled in information for Internet APN and MMS APN.

It didn't work until, i went to 'mobile network' and turned on Data connection, after that it looks like the internet was capable of working, but still no MMS.

Tried to send a picture to someone, the text just bounces saying unable to send. Someone sent me one, get a text saying 'get media content now' push that, sometimes i get a noise, but it doesn't seem to do anything else

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

anybody got any suggestions on this?

just finding it annoying i have this nice new phone, that can't do everything

Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Sounds like you need to call cs and ask for MMS to be re provisioned on your account. This means removing the MMS feature and re adding it. It takes 24 hours to activate after this is done.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

well i just tried that as an idea, they said theres nothing wrong they can see, and re-provioning wouldn't do any good.

I've been told to go to a O2 shop, to test if the SIM or the phone is faulty

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is annoying.

MI5 may be right however, as even though all looks fine on your account MMS can still be a problem.

It may be worthwhile telling them to remove it and re-add it, despite the fact it all looks okay.

I appreciate you've already phoned O2 and it is annoying having to constantly chase it up, but I think this may be what is needed.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

just to update everyone:

took the phone to O2 shop, explained the problem, guy quickly said, "Nokia? Windows? we've seen this problem on most of them." He said it was a simple change on one of the settings, few menus later and they had fixed it.

Only issue is that I didn't see or get explained to me what they did

Message 8 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I wish he'd come on here and tell us..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Industrial secret perhaps! wink

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 12