cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microSIM query

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum or a currently asked question but I did look aroind. I have just ordered and received an HTC Desire 510 from O2, having previously had a Sony Xperia from the same provider. The Xperia used a standard SIM card - the one supplied with the Xperia was not a 'solid' card though, rather the gold chip connectors were in the middle of the card on what looked like a 'snap-out' smaller section,

Having now received the Desire 510 and finding out there is now such a thing as a microSIM slight_smile and Googling it I noticed the snap-out section in the middle of the old SIM (there was none obviously suppled with the HTC) was the size of a microSIM, and the other bits of plastic were just to bring the SIM up to the size of a standard SIM. So I pushed out the middle piece of the SIM and inserted it into the HTS, which seemed to fit OK but just wanted to check this was the right thing to do.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is @Anonymous , don't worry slight_smile . If you were to order a micro sim from CS that would be what they would send you, so no need to a simswap. Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum or a currently asked question but I did look aroind. I have just ordered and received an HTC Desire 510 from O2, having previously had a Sony Xperia from the same provider. The Xperia used a standard SIM card - the one supplied with the Xperia was not a 'solid' card though, rather the gold chip connectors were in the middle of the card on what looked like a 'snap-out' smaller section,

Having now received the Desire 510 and finding out there is now such a thing as a microSIM slight_smile and Googling it I noticed the snap-out section in the middle of the old SIM (there was none obviously suppled with the HTC) was the size of a microSIM, and the other bits of plastic were just to bring the SIM up to the size of a standard SIM. So I pushed out the middle piece of the SIM and inserted it into the HTS, which seemed to fit OK but just wanted to check this was the right thing to do.

Can't comment on HTC phone - but I can say that the procedure you outlined worked OK for me with a different make and model.  Proof of the pudding of course is does your HTC now work for you?

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is @Anonymous , don't worry slight_smile . If you were to order a micro sim from CS that would be what they would send you, so no need to a simswap. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some do have the option to push out to the correct size sim size.

As long as phone is recieving Network Service then your good to go. 😄
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Exactly the right thing to do. All sims supplied are now in this format. 

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Exactly the right thing to do. All sims supplied are now in this format. 

Yes. The sim for my husbands phone came in this format last December. He thought he had been sent the wrong one. He seemed amazed that I knew about pushing out the middle to get the correct size. (Probably as I am the technophobe of our outfit...) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody for your help - phone is connected to the network so all seems OK. Thanks again slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Enjoy. 😄

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everybody for your help - phone is connected to the network so all seems OK. Thanks again slight_smile

Good news @Anonymous 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Excellent help from the forum here folks slight_smile

@Anonymous Please don't hesitate to come back if you need any more help and welcome Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10