cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loyalty team upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have had calls recently from the O2 loyalty team saying they can waver any upfront costs and a better deal for my upgrade but i couldnt decide on a phone. I have now decided what phone i would like but i cant find a way to get through to the O2 loyalty team to process my upgrade as through the normal upgrade process i will have to pay upfront cost for the phone i want. Is there any way i can get in contact with the loyalty team directly?

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 11 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find generally these trusted partners don't know what tariff I'm on or any of my personal details. I ask them outright - Are you ringing from O2.

Message 12 of 42

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23475 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necessarily ... I know that outbound upgrades were calling customers and I think they maybe still are.

It wouldn't surprise me if they rang you...unfortunately there is no way of knowing without u ringing upgrades.

@Anonymous is there anything a customer can ask these callers to verify if they are actually O2?

With the problem of cold calling reaching epidemic proportions, both on land lines and mobiles, why does O2 condone it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

well you do have the option to opt out and it is respected, and lots of people forget their upgrade date and actually appreciate the phone call. So it's a matter of opinion.

I got called by my local o2 store when my upgrade was due and I actually apreciate it, it made me feel like a valued customer ( and I'm not on a staff tariff by the way).

Message 14 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well you do have the option to opt out and it is respected, and lots of people forget their upgrade date and actually appreciate the phone call. So it's a matter of opinion.

I got called by my local o2 store when my upgrade was due and I actually apreciate it, it made me feel like a valued customer ( and I'm not on a staff tariff by the way).

A valid flip side to the debate. 😄

Message 15 of 42

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23475 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a matter of opinion, and we can agree to disagree, but you only have to look through the forum to see the number of complaints from people about cold calling, and how many of those people weren't even aware that they have the ability to opt out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146772 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
It all goes back to the confusion of it been O2 or a 3rd party calling you......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a matter of opinion, and we can agree to disagree, but you only have to look through the forum to see the number of complaints from people about cold calling, and how many of those people weren't even aware that they have the ability to opt out.

It's also fair to point out that people don't join / post to say they were happy to receive a call either. No balance. 

Message 18 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey again, 

Just want to say thanks for all the comments its been a help. Ive spoken to O2 on 202 and they say there is no record in my notes that i had been called. Im sure they said they were phoning from O2 as i am a loyal customer who has been with O2 for a very long time and paid my bills on time so for me to upgrade they would wipe out any upfront costs and reduce the price of my chosen tariff. They also offered for my partner to join onto my O2 account with a phone she chooses. They also knew my details: tel number, address and asked me the answer to my account's security question so for them to know that i would presume they are O2?

Message 19 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be great to even be ABLE to talk to retentions. Just have been on hold for several minutes. Don't think O2 care about retaining loyal customers any more because on live chat I was just offered the normal £8 simm option. no discounts despite having been an o2 customer for over a decade.

Tesco mobile here I come

Message 20 of 42