cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loyalty team upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have had calls recently from the O2 loyalty team saying they can waver any upfront costs and a better deal for my upgrade but i couldnt decide on a phone. I have now decided what phone i would like but i cant find a way to get through to the O2 loyalty team to process my upgrade as through the normal upgrade process i will have to pay upfront cost for the phone i want. Is there any way i can get in contact with the loyalty team directly?

Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

We don’t have a ‘Loyalty Team’ within O2. However, sometimes the commercial team can mention this as part of their introduction, they might make a reference like as you’re a loyal customer to us for x no. of years, we’d like to offer x deal for you...I hope this clarifies it.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

View solution in original post

Message 32 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It may have been a cold call from a trusted party that O2 shares your info with too.

You can call O2 via 202 and ask to speak to the retention team or look in your myo2 or pop into a high street store.
Message 2 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've never heard of a "loyalty team" so I would be wary that the call actually came from O2.
You can call 202 and ask for the retentions dept which will have the best offers available, esp if you tell them you are planning of leaving....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous It's all in the wording, Were they calling on behalf of O2 or from O2?

If it was O2, just ring 202 and choose the option for upgrades and tell them you want to accept the offer, if it is still valid, they do keep on changing. If it was an O2 offer they will have a record of it.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I've never heard of a "loyalty team" so I would be wary that the call actually came from O2.
You can call 202 and ask for the retentions dept which will have the best offers available, esp if you tell them you are planning of leaving....

You know if you are correct and this is another company pretending to be O2....this is really worrying

Lets face it...the name sounds good. Its not as if they are calling themselves a completely different name like Aerial or somesuch...they are saying Loyalty Team

In fairness... I may even have been conned myself with that one.. Very worrying. I wonder how many more may get calls from these.... slight_frown

It may be an idea to ask @Toby  for exact clarification as to whether this 'team' exists...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

As O2 have scrapped their loyalty policy and now supposedly offer first time and long term customers the same deals, it's hard to fathom that they would set up a 'Loyalty Team'. Bogus cold callers, I'd say.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not necessarily ... I know that outbound upgrades were calling customers and I think they maybe still are.

It wouldn't surprise me if they rang you...unfortunately there is no way of knowing without u ringing upgrades.

Message 7 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I've been contacted before by upgrades offering deals to existing customers, they may have said the deals were for loyalty in choosing to upgrade. I was waiting for a particular handset so missed out. But was genuine o2.
Message 8 of 42

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've only ever had calls from untrusted partners so I would only ever upgrade instore or by calling O2. Too many unscrupulous companies out there taking people for mugs!

Message 9 of 42

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necessarily ... I know that outbound upgrades were calling customers and I think they maybe still are.

It wouldn't surprise me if they rang you...unfortunately there is no way of knowing without u ringing upgrades.

@Anonymous is there anything a customer can ask these callers to verify if they are actually O2?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 42