cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'loyalty penalty?'

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called earlier about additional charges on my bill this month. It seems that extra data bought the previous month did not appear until this month which finally explains that, random billing doesn't help....

However, last month, - ‘Loyalty discount Minus £2.50, This month, - Loyalty discount, £1.61, which was Added to the bill, so not a discount, an extra random charge? What’s going on? a) why the reduction, as I have loyally allowed the account to go beyond contract? b) why would they add this, if it’s a loyalty discount? This is now a ‘loyalty penalty’.  The amount is again listed on the basic online version of the bill as “monthly extras” ?    

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Was your discount only valid for 12 months / 24 months and has now ended?
If so this would account for the adjustment upwards on your tariff for the first month after the discount ended.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous....Unless anyone else from here can explain your bill I would say you need to contact customer services ? I never get loyalty discounts....

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Was your discount only valid for 12 months / 24 months and has now ended?
If so this would account for the adjustment upwards on your tariff for the first month after the discount ended.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I could contact them I would! If you aren't getting loyalty discounts you aren't being grumpy enough? How long have you been with O2.........

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
interesting.... time to renegotiate the contract! Thanks.
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Maybe the loyalty discount was eaten into by other charges to the account?

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If I could contact them I would! If you aren't getting loyalty discounts you aren't being grumpy enough? How long have you been with O2.........

I would suspect a Loyalty bonus is entirely tariff dependent @Anonymous. Sorry I'm not being grumpy enough...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
or if you ask for it....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
or if you ask for it....

Well as I said I don't have one, though have been lucky enough to be sim only and choose my tariff at the exact time O2 have a sale on. Perhaps I am happy enough with that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I guess so.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11