cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost phone help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hoping someone can help ive lost my blackberry torch and have reported it and had it blocked. 

I am just wondering if who ever has it can access everything onit when they switch it on such as emails texts notes as it has a lot of very valuble infomation on it, that i wouldnt want anyone else to have i basically stored my life on it 

plz if any one knows anything help me out 

thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunatly all you can do now is hope the password is secure enough (if set) and change your email passwords.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Unless you had the phone password protected then they could possibly see what's on there.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 10

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I hope you password protected your device? If so they cannot gain any information from it without knowing the password.

Not too many people have the know how nor the drive to crack someone's password. (I don't mean 1111 or 1234).

I'd advise changing your email account passwords though.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 10

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't suppose you installed the blackberry protect app?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i cant remember if i did or not 

Message 5 of 10

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://uk.blackberry.com/apps/blackberry-apps/protect.html

check here if you can log in brilliant slight_smile You can remote wipe the phone to remove all data.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

so even if o2 have barred the phone they wil still e able to read my messages n there is no way i can get rid of them?

Message 7 of 10

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
they can read old messages if you havent passworded your phone.

New messages wont get delivered to that phone anymore.

Emails will if you dont change your password.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
i had blackberry protect but by the looks of things hadnt associated the phone with it
Message 9 of 10

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunatly all you can do now is hope the password is secure enough (if set) and change your email passwords.
Message 10 of 10