Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

lost minutes at start of month

Hi guys,

Anyone else had a similar problem with O2? Any tips on how to resolve?

I'm generally happy with O2 service, network etc but this is the second month this has happened and I want to make sure it is not something systematic.

I'm on pay monthly (iPhone contract). Billing date (i.e. start of the next month) is the 26th, so my 600 new minutes should start from today.

I checked my balance yesterday and saw that I had many minutes remaining from last month's allowance. I made a few phone calls yesterday to use up these minutes.

I didn't make any calls after midnight.

Today's balance first thing this morning was 565 minutes - i.e. O2 claim that I have already used 35 minutes of my new month's allowance between midnight and 7am... when I was curled up in bed for all that time!

Definitely no calls, and yet my month starts with 35 fewer minutes than I pay for.

This is totally unacceptable, and as O2 doesn't itemise my bill, I would like to know how to challenge this fault.

Am I wrong to assume that 26 April means 26 April? Does O2 think that 26 April really means 8pm on 25 April?

cheers,
vdog
Highlighted
Anonymous

itemised...

Hi sheepdog,

thanks for the reply - I have looked for itemised calls online, but can't seem to get them! Are they always available? i.e. on all contracts?
Highlighted
Anonymous

They are available on-line. Surely all this is, is that it takes a short while before calls are recorded against your account.
O2 are actually quite good in this respect, as other companies can take much longer. On Vodafone, your balance can be 48hours behind!
As you've got lots of minutes left, I don't see how the slight delay is a problem.
Highlighted
Anonymous

ta...

Thanks prking.

My concern isn't that calls are not showing up quickly though... in fact, it's quite the opposite.

I made a few calls yesterday (25 April) which should have come out of the 26 March - 25 April billing period...

They have, in fact, been deducted from my minutes for the 26 April - 25 May billing period.

It is as if O2 regards the month commencing 26 April (today) as in fact beginning on 25 April at 2130 hours (calls made before 2130 yesterday were, correctly, taken from last month's minutes)
Highlighted
Anonymous

weekend?

hadn't thought of that... I think it's unlikely though, when it's all done by computer.

I do feel cheated though... my online bills show quite clearly that as per my current bill (month to 25 April) I still had 140 minutes unused, and yet calls I made yesterday ahve come off the coming month's allowance. Weekend or not, that can't be right, but I don't hold my breath for getting anyone from O2 on the phone who will be able to own up to it, nor to get any straight answers about reimbursing me.
Highlighted
Anonymous

i work in customer care and have been asked this before

its simple

your billing can be upto 12 hours behind and therefore any calls you made on the evening of the 25th will be applied to your next bill. its the same every month - so you are not losing out, you need to realise your billing is up to that many hours behind.

the only way we could combat this is if we were to stop your account for 12 hours to make sure everything had caught up and then complete that months bill, and then start your new allowance and account again. As you can imagine most of our customers would prefer the current method! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

i see!

thanks eg6, i guess that makes sense. Wish it had been clearer up front though! Smiley Indifferent
Highlighted
Anonymous

yeah to be honest there's a whole load of info you are suppose to be told when you take out the contract - but this gets more and more condensed by the sales person - until you then have to rely on checking through the t's and c's yourself!