cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

l got my Nokia 520 from car phone warehouse a few years ago unlocked , had o2 pay&go after 12mths changed to giff gaff then ee and back to o2 but now found a new network put sim in phone only to find my unlocked phone is locked to o2 been local o2 shop can't help it's car phone warehouse so saw them they said o2 as it's them who's locked it 😢 any help please thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
A giffgaff sim will work even if phone is locked to o2 so the phone must be faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
CPW sell unlocked phones so except for iPhones they should be open to all networks.
Whose network sim did you try and what message appeared when using that sim?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

You say its locked to o2 hardly likely unlocked phones cannot be locked to a network after purchase especially when brought unlocked.. Have you tried putting EE gifgaffe back in to see if they still work? 

The other sim you have now may  just be  not compatable with your phone. Out off interest what network is it? 

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 3 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@chrisymon as stated in @MI5 response only iphones from cpw lock to first carrier sim so it is possiable

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 8

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
If you have been able to use EE before along with O2 this would suggest your phone is unlocked.

If however it has somehow become network locked O2 will be able to do it for you, but since it is a Pay as you Go account you will need to pay for the unlock with credit. You can request the unlock online (stores cannot do this for you as far as I know)
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
I guarantee this phone is not locked.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer, i have retryed giff gaff and ee sims still no joy ( this phone is locked to network provider emergency calls ) but you say can't be locked so what does this message? does it mean whatever ever sim I'm Trying to use or what it says LOCKED even the shop assistants at both o2 & cfw don't understand it ( took phone to store works on o2 ) as phone has been used on other networks , or am i trying to scam o2 to get free unlock there again i could be just stupid and put sim in upside down sorry .

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
A giffgaff sim will work even if phone is locked to o2 so the phone must be faulty.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8