cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep my contract tarriff & phone but change number, transfer number to new sim only

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

After much badgering by my daughter and friends to get into 21st Century, I was talked into trying a new phone. My contract had ended so I upgraded to an iphone 6 with new tarriff & data. I have used an ancient nokia for years and i work on a building site!!  I dont like the whole touch screen thing  or the trying not to damage in work nor can i use the new iphone to its full extent. I am thinking of giving my daughter the phone and tarriff and i will get a sim only deal.I do not need data and unlimited everything with my trusty old model Nokia. Problem is I've had the same phone number for years. Can i get a sim only deal and take my number and get a new number for the contract iphone & tarriff??? Hope this makes sense, would really appreciate some HELP!! Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
To get a new number for the iPhone would mean a new contract altogether but yes you can transfer to sim only, contact cs on 202

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
To get a new number for the iPhone would mean a new contract altogether but yes you can transfer to sim only, contact cs on 202

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146981 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
The only way is for you to pay off the iPhone contract (or handset if on refresh) and transfer your number to a new tariff.
Your daughter would need a new sim to use in the iPhone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93280 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Paying off the handset and giving notice to end the contract would be the only way I'm afraid. Transferring the number would automatically effectively end the contract and produce a bill for the whole term left to run.

Message 4 of 4