cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

junk call?

Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone else being bombarded with calls from 01612776601 ? mine started about a week ago. Never answer unknown numbers, but a google search suggested it is probably a scam targetting o2 customers

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Well great advice so far, all that I'd add is to never give out any details to a caller who's called u... Unless I'M calling my bank or other info sensitive call then I don't give any deets out at all, ever.!!

Charlie.
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Well great advice so far, all that I'd add is to never give out any details to a caller who's called u... Unless I'M calling my bank or other info sensitive call then I don't give any deets out at all, ever.!!

Charlie.

Good advice C

Never give any details at all. even if you think the call is genuine, take a number and if necessary call them back after verifying the number via google or the company website. We have to be responsible to a large extent for our own security.

Message 12 of 16

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi jonsie, yes in todays, scammers scamming everyone environment ppl need to take responsibility for their own security. Never ever give out info unless you're the caller!

C.
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

if its any help my galaxy s3 used to have a black list option for nuisance calls however this feature is not apparent on my xperia z2 so ive installed and android app called truecaller, if i have a call thats not on my contacts list the app does a really realy quick search and will usually detail if its ppi or a scam if it doesnt detect what it is if you answer you can then send that calls details (number and company name) to there database which will warn other users of the app.

You can also block these calls so the next time your called truecaller will instanly block them :-).

ive used it for months now and have found it a god send.

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes I have installed an android app called "call blacklis" and that seems to be working

Message 15 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 16 of 16