Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone4 PAYG query

Hi
Today I bought an iphone 4 on PAYG in an O2 shop
He did swapmysim for me, and told me it would definately be done within 30 mins. 6 hours later it's still not done. O2 - I know the activation text said up to 24 hours, so please tell your staff to give out the right info as it's frustrating having this new gadget I can't play with properly yet
Also I was previously just topping up £10 a month and getting my free texts and making the occasional phone calls. I topped up a couple of days ago before deciding to buy the phone, and have just texted "balance" to 20202: I only have 1.0MB of data left (and have not done any web browsing on my old phone this month). The guy in the O2 shop said my tarriff would switch over next time I top up. Is this true, or do I need to call and switch my tarrif over?
Thanks
Scamps
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: iphone4 PAYG query

They aren't 'our' staff, this is a customer forum for us customers to discuss things.
You haven't said what tariff you were in or what tariff you want to change to. But generally your tariff changes in your anniversary date (the date each month on which you get your free allowance) provided you've made the request at least 48 hours beforehand. You could try calling O2, say you've got confused, have bought an iP hone and ask if they will change you over straight away.
Incidentally, there is a difference between swapping the number onto the microsim (which happens quite quickly) and activating.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well my original SIM is still functioning and operating on the original number, so that's obviously not been transferred to the micro SIM (since it's not possible for 2 active SIMs to have the same number)
As for activation, the phone was activated in the shop, and now I have to wait for further activation? It's a poor show when I was told it would be done in 30 mins
Will call them in the morning and sort my tarrif out once SIM works!
Highlighted
Topics: 294
Kudos: 1,847
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

try turning off and on the old sim untill it stops then the sane with the iphone 4 ofter the old sim stops working
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Already been trying the off/on cycle
Highlighted

go to one of the o2 website shop pages and then if a popup advisor screen comes up use that
Apple Watch series 4
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

The reason it didn't work was because the O2 shop gave me a contract microsim instead of a PAYG microsim, so I've got to go back and get another one (or wait 5 days for one to arrive in the post)
At least CS switched my tarriff over to the one that includes 500MB of data
Highlighted

At least you know no why
Apple Watch series 4