Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone pay monthly to pay as you go

my 18 month iphone contract is coming to an end and was wondering whether it is possible to cancel the contract at the end and get one of the payg iphone sims from o2 which still give the unlimited internet? thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes. Obviously you lose Visual Voicemail and the free Wifi, but everything else works OK.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

You need to change apn and be aware text and web tariff has a 500mb cap or for £5.00 more a month could go on the iphone simplicity deal via retentions see here viewtopic.php?t=31969
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

thanks for the replies people, do you have to top up each month to get the free internet on the normal pay as you go iphone sim or is one top up enought for the 12 month free internet as basically i am starting a new contract and just want to use the iphone now as an ipod touch really? thanks
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

To get a payg sim with 12 month web/wifi you need to buy a payg iPhone at the same time.
Some are sold on eBay though.

But once activated and initial topup yes 12 month free no need to top up
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

orite so i cant get one of those from o2 directly as i have had a 18 month contract with them already? thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

yes, you can.. but do you think you get better offer to you when you use PAYG deal. you will then not able to get any special tarrif offer provided by O2 for contract deal. Also try to not switch from O2 network to any other network. Smiley Very Happy