cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6s unlock...

Anonymous
Not applicable

asked for my iphone 6s to be unlocked as im going on holiday and want to use another sim waited 3 days to be told i have to wait till end of my contract when it says on the unlock form it can be done at any time but you still have to pay your contract off

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

With any new iPhone it is generally at least six months before they allow you to unlock...(unless you are on Refresh and pay off the device in full)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

With any new iPhone it is generally at least six months before they allow you to unlock...(unless you are on Refresh and pay off the device in full)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Usually for iPhones you have to wait for o2 to start unlocking (around 6 months) or pay off the device plan fully.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Pay off the device plan or wait until o2 unlock. Every iphone release, for some reason o2 won't unlock for 6 months. Makes no sense tbh.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn, wish I had know that before ordering since I work abroad for a lot of my time and wanted to use it in both countries 😞

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The only way to get an unlocked iPhone is to buy direct from Apple. (but then you don't get Refresh)

Edited to add Three sold unlocked iPhones last year. Not sure if this is still the case now though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the information slight_smile
Now I just need to decide if I should cancel my contract and return the phone since I am within the 14 days cooling off period still....
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the information slight_smile
Now I just need to decide if I should cancel my contract and return the phone since I am within the 14 days cooling off period still....

Really up to you...depending how much you need that phone to be unlocked now...As you say within the 14 day cooling off period.....decisions decisions : Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Anonymous The only way to get an unlocked iPhone is to buy direct from Apple. (but then you don't get Refresh)

Edited to add Three sold unlocked iPhones last year. Not sure if this is still the case now though?

Three's current iPhones are sold unlocked but latch to the first networks SIM that is input, so technically they are locked to 3, but 3 will unlock with no charge apparently.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:

Three's current iPhones are sold unlocked but latch to the first networks SIM that is input, so technically they are locked to 3, but 3 will unlock with no charge apparently.

As long as you actually use a 3 sim to activate phone I presume?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10