cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 very slow when using data

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iphone 5. I've noticed recently that a lot of the time my apps, facebook, twitter, email (anything involving data) isreally slow, and times out and doesnt refresh, and my mail pops up saying i have the wrong passwords etc. This carries on for a while then goes back to normal. Its happened in a couple of different locations. I have tried rebooting the phone and also reset all the network settings and thought that was the problem sorted but done it again yesterday  Can be fine for a day or so then i cant load/refresh anything for a while then goes fine again. Also imessages seem to be a problem at times, normal messages are fine but imessages are very temprimental. Everything else seems fine on the phone, works fine when connected to wifi so not sure if its a problem with the phone or network.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You could try a restore if holding the home button and top sleep/wake button together until the apple logo appears does not work.

You could also try cleaning the sim or visiting an O2 shop and having the SIM card swapped out.

An apple store would look at if for you if you booked a genius appointment.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add check your service status here to see if your masts are ok.

http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Are you still getting H displayed at the top of the screen when it starts to go slowly?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 said "Are you still getting H displayed at the top of the screen when it starts to go slowly?"

An iPhone does not display a "H" in its status bar.

GPRS, E , 3G and 4G are instead. wink
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Super - So Dave, are you still getting 3G displayed at the top of the screen when it starts to go slowly?
I know you won't get 4G as it's a 5 not a 5s wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 said "Super - So Dave, are you still getting 3G displayed at the top of the screen when it starts to go slowly?
I know you won't get 4G as it's a 5 not a 5s "

An iPhone 5 will display a 4G symbol if also used on other networks such as the ee network. wink
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions