Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone 4 return chaos

What a week. Following Steve Jobs press statement I thought I would be able to either return more iphone 4 for a refund or unlock to use o2 sim at work (strong signal) and other network at home (strong signal)I waited and waited to get clarification from the website which came Friday night.

Basically return the phone to either Apple or your local O2 store. I wanted this verified so called the call centre at around 10am this morning which they attempted to push me to Apple but then agreed for me to go to an O2 store.

I then cancelled my plans and took my son for a trip to town to get the phone returned.

On arriving at the store I was told "No I can't return it as I bought it from the website" I explained firstly I bought it from the call centre and I was directed to the store from the website and the call centre.

Manager was not prepared to accept this so asked me to wait while he clarified his position. 10 minutes later I was told the website and call centre agent were wrong and I couldnt return it to store.

Not prepared to accept this I asked to speak to customer services. After 59 minutes, 4 telephone agents I was told the following:

1) O2 dont offer a refund policy on the iPhone 4. I can change the handset for a different handset or keep the iPhone 4

2) Phones only purchased in store can be returned to store

3) O2 could investigate my claims above (call centre agent stating I could have a refund) in 3 days once they had listened to the phone recording from earlier

4) I was told O2 had agreed the website was misleading and would look to change it as soon as possible

5) There was no way they could unlock an iPhone 4 because Apple would let them.

I am now at a real loss as I have a 2 year contract (£50 * 24 = £1200) with a phone that doesnt work the way it should do.

I wish other customers are not subject to the same level of service I have experienced this morning.

I have left my phone at the store until o2 can review my phone conversation this morning. Why Im not sure, it just implies i am a liar and cant read properly.

Lets hope for the right conclusion for Apple, O2, myself and other O2 customers.

I will update once I have a formal response.

Phonekning
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: iphone 4 return chaos

What a week. Following Steve Jobs press statement I thought I would be able to either return more iphone 4 for a refund or unlock to use o2 sim at work (strong signal) and other network at home (strong signal)I waited and waited to get clarification from the website which came Friday night.
Basically return the phone to either Apple or your local O2 store. I wanted this verified so called the call centre at around 10am this morning which they attempted to push me to Apple but then agreed for me to go to an O2 store.
I then cancelled my plans and took my son for a trip to town to get the phone returned.
On arriving at the store I was told "No I can't return it as I bought it from the website" I explained firstly I bought it from the call centre and I was directed to the store from the website and the call centre.
Manager was not prepared to accept this so asked me to wait while he clarified his position. 10 minutes later I was told the website and call centre agent were wrong and I couldnt return it to store.
Not prepared to accept this I asked to speak to customer services. After 59 minutes, 4 telephone agents I was told the following:
1) O2 dont offer a refund policy on the iPhone 4. I can change the handset for a different handset or keep the iPhone 4
2) Phones only purchased in store can be returned to store
3) O2 could investigate my claims above (call centre agent stating I could have a refund) in 3 days once they had listened to the phone recording from earlier
4) I was told O2 had agreed the website was misleading and would look to change it as soon as possible
5) There was no way they could unlock an iPhone 4 because Apple would let them.
I am now at a real loss as I have a 2 year contract (£50 * 24 = £1200) with a phone that doesnt work the way it should do.
I wish other customers are not subject to the same level of service I have experienced this morning.
I have left my phone at the store until o2 can review my phone conversation this morning. Why Im not sure, it just implies i am a liar and cant read properly.
Lets hope for the right conclusion for Apple, O2, myself and other O2 customers.
I will update once I have a formal response.
Phonekning

What's wrong with the phone?
Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone 4 return chaos

Very good question AF, poster doesn't say if he is having trouble with the phone or not. Most with an iphone 4 are having no problems at all.
Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone 4 return chaos

Very good question AF, poster doesn't say if he is having trouble with the phone or not. Most with an iphone 4 are having no problems at all.

I am struggling to find which 24month tariff costs £50?

phoneking, I am wondering what you were thinking of exchanging the iPhone 4 for?

Brendan, as you know, if there was something wrong with this phone I would be the first to say..... and say it well.
Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone 4 return chaos

Well, you would say it but mod 15 would remove it. Really glad you are having a good time with it. Looking forward to mine next July!
Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone 4 return chaos

Well, you would say it but mod 15 would remove it. Really glad you are having a good time with it. Looking forward to mine next July!

Smiley Very Happy

If I happen to win the lottery in the foreseeable I will have one delivered to your door, by a supermodel! Smiley Wink