Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone 4 data allowance gone up?

Hello, have just noticed my data allowance is now 4GB when it has always been 500MB im on the O2 40 on iphone 18 month contract has this happend to anyone else? it doesn't say ive been charged just wondered if it was just me. Thanks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: iphone 4 data allowance gone up?

Hello, have just noticed my data allowance is now 4GB when it has always been 500MB im on the O2 40 on iphone 18 month contract has this happend to anyone else? it doesn't say ive been charged just wondered if it was just me. Thanks.

its not just yourself. there is a glitch in the data calculation just now.
**** advise that you use what you signed up for.
Highlighted
Anonymous

oh okay but when it went to 4GB it set my used at 0 so not i dont know how much of my 500mb i have used.
Highlighted
Anonymous

oh okay but when it went to 4GB it set my used at 0 so not i dont know how much of my 500mb i have used.

first of all: i dont know why my first word was "starred" out lol.

if your usage went back to 0MB, then there is going to be serious issues with o2. there hasnt been a big out cry about this through to customer services, so i am guessing it is happening to a limited amount of customers, but there is still no answer to who it happened to this limited amount of customers.
have you had anything done to your account recently? made any changes? anything out of the ordinary?
Highlighted
Anonymous

My allowance also shows 4GB (it showed 100MB yesterday)but only when I access it via the My O2 app
My allowance of 500MB is still shown correctly if I access my account directly via the O2 website
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

It seems to be the new Iphone App which calculates data.
Ive also had the same issue.
I get 1gb data and the other day it showed 100mb, then the day after it was 1gb, 2 hours later it was 4gb, when i logged back in again its 1gb.
The onlne account has always been correct. so i would keep checking this for the moment.
Ive have however removed and resinatlled the app and its been working fine since.
However from reading a lot of reviews regarding the new app, lots of people are having other issues with it now not even getting the allowences at all.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team

Hi All,
We've had a few reports from customers highlighting the discrepancy in data allowance. We're investigating this as we speak and will keep you guys informed.
Anyone who noticed this either online or via the app. I'd really appreciate if they can PM me some details (including mobile number & full name) to help me with this investigation.
many Thanks
Abs