cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 3gs sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone tell me if the sim in my iphone 3gs will transfer to an iphone 4S please.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonsie and Damien. I have just bought a seconhand 4s on EBay (yeah I know) I have bought a few phones from there and they have all been bargains but I am careful who I buy them from. With the support of this forum I feel confident I can set up and run the phone without having to visit a shop. The 3gs has been a super phone but I now feel the need to move up a model. Thanks to everyone for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No you will need a micro sim. Customer service or your local O2 store will sort it out for you and transfer your number. It's normally done within the 24 hours timescale they quote.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi no you would need to get a micro sim you can get one from any o2 shop or by phoning 202 and then you would need to swap your details over either in store or via o2.co.uk/swapmysim

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonsie, i wasnt sure about that. Will I be able to transfer all my details including apps over to the new phone?

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you back up your 3gs then restore the 4s from that backup and everything will go over to the new phone

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes as long as you back up everything to itunes you can set up the phone from backup.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonsie and Damien. I have just bought a seconhand 4s on EBay (yeah I know) I have bought a few phones from there and they have all been bargains but I am careful who I buy them from. With the support of this forum I feel confident I can set up and run the phone without having to visit a shop. The 3gs has been a super phone but I now feel the need to move up a model. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your welcome we are all here to help hope you enjoy your new phone

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The 3GS was/is a good phone but a little dated. Good luck with the new phone slight_smile

Message 9 of 9