Did you mean: 

ipad lauch day purchase issue

andrewstevenson
Level 3: Thinker
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well as i said before i signed up for a ipad with loads of issues due to sales,

"vWell thanks to the members here and not o2 I got my iPad and that is not without a fight. So went on the phone to get sharer tariff and my card kept falling for payment, changed verify by visa 4 times and then Santander blocked it from use. I was told that O2 can't change the card and I'd have to reapply again but this time failed credit check and was told nothing I could do, and it have to speak with the credit dept to see what if anything can be done, which was nothing.

I phoned through again and luckily got a really helpful and kind Danielle Eton from Manchester who noticed a few errors first of all he never asked me how my name got spelt"

Now i raised a complaint and ill kept the complaint handlers name private, she upheld the bit about being promised the extra data to share she said "The part I’ve upheld is the issues with your data allowance, I understand that when you’re promised this, then this should be adhered to. However, as explained above its not possible to add this to your account. To apologise for the miss information, I’ve added a credit to your account for £56. This is equivalent to two months line rental."

Then on a later call the rest was recified when she tried to solve the issue as best as possable so the solution is here

Originally £35 per month for device and £59 upfront and the ability to share 20GB for just £7.50 a month

Now

Originally £35 per month for device and £59 upfront and i was given a 8GB Data bolt on for no fee at all

So instead of paying £42.50 a month i now pay £35, saving me around £180 and 192gb data, cant fault them just waiting on insurance

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well @andrewstevenson I have read your post 3 times now and if I am going daft in the head you are saying that you are getting 193GB of data instead of 20 for £35 or have you had finger trouble...No doubt someone or yourself will put me right!!!!! Confused

Message 2 of 8

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I meant over the two years I'll save £180 and over the two years get 192 gb ( 8gb per month for free )
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Are you saying that this 8gb data bolt on 'you were given for free'...is 8gb a month every month FOR A YEAR..? I thought it would have been a one off bolt on for a month?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
My 8gb data bolt on is free forever too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
My 8gb data bolt on is free forever too.

Well....then I shouldn't be surprised Happy Dance I honestly never realised it would be every month for a year. ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Not just for a year - for as long as I keep my tariff slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same here for the two years I have the iPad pro I won't pay anything for data just the £35 per month device charge
Message 8 of 8