cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet wont work since porting number

Anonymous
Not applicable

my internet doesnt work ever since porting my number over from tesco, the first day the sim turned up with a new number and everything was brilliant, really fast speeds, but since porting when opening apps is says im not connected to the internet, and only google searches will work on browsers, when i try to go on a page it tells me im not connected.

customer service has been horrendous, they dont know whats wrong, ive been told to turn phone off and on, give the sim a wipe, change the sim which didnt work, im surprised they havent told me to stand on my head and wave my legs around for a bit.

i also asked for the parental control to be taken off 5 days ago, they said yes and i will receive a text in 24 hours, didnt happen, asked again 2 days ago, didnt happen, went into store yesterday, girl couldnt do it, phoned up today and they said theyve done it again and it will be sorted but dont know when. i was told i would get a phone call today regarding internet problems, received nothing.

phoned up three times today to ask for a manager and they say he is in a meeting and will call me back, he's currently been in a meeting for over 4 hours now.

i heard bad things about o2 but i never expected this.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
the verdict now is to try a another new sim, already replaced sim 2 days ago. and also try sim in another phone.

exhausted
Message 22 of 29

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Typical incompetence......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 29

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Its clearly an account issue, sounds made but try a different o2 sim in your phone. Just to rule out a phone issue.... However unlikely it might be
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
already have
Message 25 of 29

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with this? Can you give us an update? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my pac and I left, I'm now back on tesco mobile and posting using my 4g data. it seems like it was the parental control block that was the problem, as when my number ported to my new tesco sim yesterday I had the exact same problems, after contacting them immediately the parental lock has been removed 12 hours later. 7 or 8 times I requested o2 to remove parental control, the first time being the very first day, I used every avenue to request, online chat, phonecall and in store, 12 days later it was still not removed so I had to get out while I still could under the 14 day cooling off period.

I can access all Web pages now, all apps inc bt sport and deezer. the parental block even stops albums loading in deezer and tells you you're not connected to the Internet.

just so strange that they didn't remove it.
Message 27 of 29

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Most strange and glad you got sorted eventually.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 29 of 29