cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, i am new here. just activated a sim card for international calls within europe. 

someone told me that i must keep top up each month if i want to have the benefit of cheap calls. but the t&cs say this only about calls or messaging from o2 to o2, so i am confused. 

the thing is that i only need about 5 quid per month to call my parents. and i want to be free when i want to top-up. 

so, can someone confirm this to me: am i obliged to pay each month at least 10 pounds or am  i free in this? i do not need to use this sim card for calls within the uk. 

cheerz

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You'll have to pay £10 on the date it was set up each month if you want to use the extras.

Eg January- pay and you'll be able to use it

Feb -don't pay and it will revert to a normal PAYG.

March- pay again by the anniversary date and you'll have your extras.

Does that make sense?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

what are the extras? the international rate such as 2p per minute on landline or 8p per minute on mobile phones abroad from the UK? 

Message 3 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The extras I refers to are anything that you'd have to top up for to acquire.

The cheaper calls. I didn't realise landlines were included. Good to know(lot cheaper than my current provider)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

like what (to acquire)?

with every top-up i acquire credit to spend in plenty of price options. 

i am aware that if i want to use some extras (what are they except of free o2 to o2 calls or messages), i regularly need to top-up, which is a bother to me and unnecessary expenses if it has to be £10 at least.

i just want to know whether it is worth to switch to o2 for cheap international calls.

i was given this sim card when i came back to the uk at the stansted airport. they are giving these for free to anyone who is interested. i dont know whether these are different or the same as any pay as you go o2 sim card i can buy in any shop or news agent...

so i want to know whether i will get a better deal, in comparison to, lets say, now mobile, who charge about twice the price for calls, but i am not obliged to top-up every single month a a minimum price to have advantages of cheap calls abroad. 

Message 5 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

Check the price of where your calling and then you can decide if its financially viable.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanx. 

please, is here anybody who understands what I have asked for SEVERAL TIMES?

i am going to ask again: 

DO I HAVE TO TOP UP EVERY MONTH £10 or £15 IF I WANT TO USE LOW INTERNATIONAL RATES every month with the INTERNATIONAL SIM card (pay and go tariff)

i have asked a couple of specific questions, but the answers were either too unspecific or they pointed at something else i already knew or was not interested. 

i dont mind if you find me thick or something. the description on the available pages is confusing to me. i am not 100% sure whether the following are two separate conditions or one blended together: "Get great value calls to international mobiles and landlines. Plus get free unlimited UK calls and texts to anyone on O2 when you top up £15."

all i need is a confirmation: did i get it right? the regular to-up applies for unlimited texts and calls within  the uk and between the o2 numbers. but is this the case for the cheap international rates as well? 

or is it enough if i purchase a credit of £10 in january and i will use it for 2 and 9p per minute international calls until i run out of it in march? 

i have tried it so many times from slightly different perspectives, but i am asking the same thing all the time. 

Message 7 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I must be missing the point I do apologise:(

Hopefully someone can answer your query.

Message 8 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All Payg Tariffs with extras require a topup every month before your aniversary date to keep the discounts / extras http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/international-sim-terms-and-conditions see points 7 and 8

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

right. 

are the cheap international card those extras on international SIM card? 

because i can use almost any sim card for expensive international calls. 

Message 10 of 11