cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international calling questions o2 cant answer

Anonymous
Not applicable

since the removal of the international call packages and call me number I am finding it hard to see any value in o2 beyond other providers.  my previous o2 package giving me 2,000 international minutes and a call me number was a clear USP.  today the offering repalcing this services is lacking, if it is not lacking the staff at o2 dont have a clue when asking questions.  so here are my questions if anyone can help.

1) I have been automatically enrolled into the "international caller bolt on (trial)" calling rates are said to be reduced but appear on my accont at the full rate, o2 cs say it will be ajusted at the end fo the billing period?  if this is the case why?

2) call me number any option here?

3) i have a confrect call this pm and to dial a 1-800 toll free US number from the UK acording to the o2 cs will cost me £2 p/m  ? I question this as the standard tariff is £1.50 p/m and the bolt on is 2p/p/m  - can anyone tell me how much this will cost?

thanks

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous and everyone, I have an update on this. Please see below. 

There has been no change in how the billing for this trial works. Please see the official info: 

Customers can make an International call to the destination of their choice and the call will be calculated at cost per minute.

In the background, the call will be re-rated from standard to the International Bolt On trial rate. As a result, customers may see a call on their unbilled charges at the standard rate per minute before it’s recalculated at the trial rate within 24 hours.

Customers won’t pay anything per month for the trial. Only the calls they make will be charged at the relevant per minute rate – these can be found at www.o2.co.uk/intertrial. Customers can opt out of the trial by texting NO INT to 23336. Once they opt out they can’t be added back on.

If your bill has not adjusted after 24 hours either contact customer services or give me a shout and we'll get it sorted. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousWe understood this discrepancy in charges was being reviewed.....

@Martin-O2@MarjoIs there any news on this as yet?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Re the calls to the USA......this is the information we have on standard rates (So no idea why you should be charged more than that?

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

USA.JPG

Is there any chance you  could use Skype over WiFi in the interim?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this information already listed in my post, question is landline, mobile etc what about toll free? I was told £2p/m and then gave this comment of my bolt on and the standard rate, they insisted on a £2 cost, so I have asked for it in writing... not got it yet!
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
RE Skype - last resort for me... what is frustrating is the removal of international favs where i had this conf number on a dialing number so it came out of minutes as the call is likely to last 40-50 mins i am not confident skype will hold the connection.
Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm not certain a toll free number is applicable when calling from UK to the USA. @Anonymous

I would need someone like @Bambino or @MI5 to clarify that.

However as said, O2 are aware of the problems with people being charged at full rate during this intertrial, and they do refund at the end of the billing period. Not at all satisfactory and we reported it and hoped it would have been sorted by now.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
RE Skype - last resort for me... what is frustrating is the removal of international favs where i had this conf number on a dialing number so it came out of minutes as the call is likely to last 40-50 mins i am not confident skype will hold the connection.

Totally agree. O2 also removed World Chat as well as International favourites and TuGo. Everything which helped us when calling abroad. However I have tagged @Marjo and @Martin-O2 into the thread. They are community admin and should be able to advise further...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm fairly certain toll free numbers don't work across international borders so you would need an equivalent landline number to call which should then cost you 2p per min.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks that is plan A at present but trying to find a website that can convert is finding tricky
Message 10 of 19