cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inflation or bulying?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you O2 for keeping up with inflation.... I supose the pay as you go prices will go up as well. Maybe my employer will give me a 2.7 % raise. Joking aside, thank you for your services, but I am out as soon as the contract is up

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't blame you although no changes have been announced about payg yet and they often don't change
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you want to bet that PAYG will not change? Simply because there are no contracts there and ppl would be quick to respond by leaving. But when you are in a contract you can't do much, so they'll just impose it and hope they'll get away with it. Unfortunately others are doing the same (had the same treatment from Three, that's why I am here), but we should respond to this

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have got a which petition going and a few of us have contacted watchdog
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
A few threads running on this issue.

People will vote with their feet if they see this small price increase as personally not justifiable.

Let's hope these people thoroughly check out alternative Networks signal and their t&c as they all increase prices before going through the process of PAC coding over etc.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree with you. Especially with contracts. When I entered the contract, I agreed to pay X amount for X amount of the months. If they are allowed to adjust the contract because of 'inflation' then I should be allowed to mutually adjust the contract on my own terms. There should be an opt out option.

After being with 02 for about 10 years, this is the final straw.

Message 6 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-mid-term-rise-v-ofcom-ruling-Facts/m-p/611520... Check your version of the T&C linked in that thread

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem that I see is a moral one. I can understand prices rising when the product uses materials that are subject to increasing prices, ie new crop, stuff using transportation, increased labor costs, etc. But sattelite air is bought for at least 10 years and the price for it has continualy dropped ( if you consider it against users and capacity). So this looks like an opportunity for O2 to get 2.7 percent more while they are completely covered. Some would call that profiteering...

Message 8 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the cost of electricty rises that powers all the base stations etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would suggest your interpretation of the facts is wrong, do you really think it's about a couple of satellites?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11