cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increase in prices mid contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 has found an opportunity to sting new customers with another price rise and we’re calling for action.

O2 has announced a mid-contract price hike of 2.7% for its eight million pay-monthly customers, due to come into effect in March 2014. 

Unfortunately, Ofcom's new rules permit price rises for existing customers and new customers as long as they’re told about this at the point of sale. Now O2′s using this loophole to hike prices for new customers who signed after 23 January 2014, as O2 says it will warn them that inflation-matching price rises will hit them on a yearly basis.

Plus, since these hikes will be measured by the rate of RPI (retail prices index) you won’t even know how much you’ll end up paying. And those who join O2 after Ofcom’s rules take effect still won’t be able to leave their contracts without penalty. I was assured when I took my upgrade that there would be no ibcrease during the 2 years of my contract  O2 are now renaiging 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I for one am getting bored with 80 email alerts every day on the same subject and I note some others such

You can go into your forum settings and turn off the ones you don't want.

I have most turned off and check "Unread posts" when I come online.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I can Perksie but until recently I was getting a dozen a day and could choose whether to log in. Now I spend ages deleting when really the topic has run its course in my opinion.

OFCOM are the problem here. They could have made it watertight but didn't. Time to let it go here in my opinion.
Message 12 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree but we're only responding to what appears, it's disappointing to see a respected member to disagree with everything we write.

I believe the separate threads are being left intentionally as it might make the different views on the price increase easier to follow.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair comment (on various posts).
Message 14 of 14