cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if i get a 5g phone and move to an area that does not have 5g coverage - does it default to 4g?

TheRB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

~Could someone help with this question please before I upgrade.

Many thanks in advance Richard

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@TheRB 

Yes, as with current phones that will drop to 3g if 4g is not available, a 5g phone will drop to 4g or 3g etc if required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@TheRB 

Yes, as with current phones that will drop to 3g if 4g is not available, a 5g phone will drop to 4g or 3g etc if required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

TheRB
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
many thanks for that - R
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
You're welcome
Message 4 of 7

johne53
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm also thinking of buying a 5G phone although there's no 5G coverage here yet (at least, not from O2). How can I find out what coverage is available - and if there are any plans for 5G sometime soon?
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 146902 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@johne53 

Only buy regularly checking here O2 Service Status

Message 6 of 7

johne53
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's great - many thanks.
Message 7 of 7