cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTunes suddenly being charged to my 02 account. Haven’t bought anything from Itunes and have a £47

Mel2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve just checked my bill and it says I’ve bought a load of iTunes things over the last few weeks. My Apple account is charged to my debit card, not my 02 bill so why have I suddenly got a £48 bill on my phone bill? Plus as far as I’m aware, I haven’t bought anything from iTunes? My kids don’t have my payment details on their phones either?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Mel2

The only way this can happen is if someone sets your mobile number and specifically tells itunes to charge to mobile.

This is not default and has to be set on purpose.

I would go onto each device, and settings then Itunes and App store, then manage payments it will then show as a payment option.

There is nothing o2 can do for you, as someone may have had a message on their IOS device to confim this.

You can also contact Apple support and they may be able to give you more details, go to apple.com/uk and go to support
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Mel2 

You need to contact O2 and ask them, as we have no acccess to your account

All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best number to call.

Someone must have access to your account to have bought from iTunes?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Mel2

The only way this can happen is if someone sets your mobile number and specifically tells itunes to charge to mobile.

This is not default and has to be set on purpose.

I would go onto each device, and settings then Itunes and App store, then manage payments it will then show as a payment option.

There is nothing o2 can do for you, as someone may have had a message on their IOS device to confim this.

You can also contact Apple support and they may be able to give you more details, go to apple.com/uk and go to support
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Mel2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your replies!
I’m the only one in my household who has Apple and I’ve just checked my default payment method and it’s definitely set to my debit card payment? I’ll try and contact them tomorrow to sort out, thank you!
Message 4 of 4